how does the lda model inference work on new document

Rui Guo

Dec 15, 2022, 6:14:27 AM12/15/22
to Gensim
I would like to know the Gensim LDA model inference strategy.

I also implemented my own methods to calculate each topic score:

Topic score:
For each topic
     For each document
           word_count = count the number of each word in the document
           topic_score += word_count * word_weight_in_that_topic

Then I use the softmax on the topic scores calculated to make it a probability distribution.

I see the topic score method above has a big different result from the LDA model inference by Gensim. Which topic score method should I use?