Re: Genshi 0.6.1 and 0.7 released!

Jon Nelson

Mar 20, 2013, 3:58:31 PM3/20/13
to gen...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Simon Cross <hodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of Genshi 0.6.1 and 0.7.
>
> Genshi 0.7 add supports for Python 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 and for PyPy.
> Updating from Genshi 0.6 to 0.7 is described in
> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/upgrade.html#upgrading-from-genshi-0-6-x-to-the-development-version.
>
> Genshi 0.6.1 fixes numerous bugs and edge cases in Genshi 0.6.x. All
> these fixes are included in 0.7 too.

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Genshi.
Will the benchmarks page get updated with 0.6.1 and 0.7 vs <whatever>?

http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiPerformance

Simon Cross

Mar 15, 2013, 2:39:54 PM3/15/13
to gen...@googlegroups.com
Greetings

I'm pleased to announce the release of Genshi 0.6.1 and 0.7.

Genshi 0.7 add supports for Python 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 and for PyPy.
Updating from Genshi 0.6 to 0.7 is described in
http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/upgrade.html#upgrading-from-genshi-0-6-x-to-the-development-version.

Genshi 0.6.1 fixes numerous bugs and edge cases in Genshi 0.6.x. All
these fixes are included in 0.7 too.

Both can be downloaded from http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Download.

== Change logs ==

Version 0.7:

* Add support for Python 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 (via 2to3) and for PyPy. The
majority of the coding was done in a sprint run by the Cape Town Python
Users Group with financial assistance from the Python Software Foundation.
* Default input and output encodings changed from UTF-8 to None (i.e. unicode
strings).
* Skip Mako benchmarks if Mako isn't installed (rather than failing
completely).

Version 0.6.1:

* Security fix to enhance sanitizing of CSS in style attributes. Genshi's
`HTMLSanitizer` disallows style attributes by default (this remains
unchanged) and warns against such attacks in its documentation, but
the provided CSS santizing is now less lacking (see #455).
* Fix for error in how `HTMLFormFiller` would handle `textarea` elements if
no value was not supplied form them.
* The `HTMLFormFiller` now correctly handles check boxes and radio buttons
with an empty `value` attribute.
* Template `Context` objects now have a `.copy` method.
* Added a simple `tox.ini` file for using tox to test against multiple
verions of Python.
* Fix for bug in `QName` comparison (see #413).
* Fix for bug in handling of trailing events in match template matches
(see #399).
* Fix i18n namespace declaration in documentation (see #400).
* Fix for bug in caching of events in serializers by no longer caching
`(TEXT, Markup)` events (see #429).
* Fix i18n namespace declaration in documentation (see #400).
* Fix for bug in caching of events in serializers by no longer caching
`(TEXT, Markup)` events (see #429).
* Fix handling of `None` by `Markup.escape` in `_speedups.c` (see #439).
* Fix handling of internal state by match templates (relevant when multiple
templates match the same part of the stream, see #370).
* Fix handling of multiple events between or on either side of start and end
tags in translated messages (see #404).
* Fix test failures caused by changes in HTMLParser in Python 2.7 (see #501).
* Fix infinite loop in interplotation lexing that was introduced by a change
in Python 2.7's tokenizer (see #540).
* Fix handling of processing instructions without data (see #368).
* Updated MANIFEST.in so as not to rely on build from Subersion 1.6.

Schiavo
Simon

David Fraser

Mar 19, 2013, 5:03:54 AM3/19/13
to gen...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, March 15, 2013 at 8:39:54 PM, Simon Cross <hodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of Genshi 0.6.1 and 0.7.
>
> Genshi 0.7 add supports for Python 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 and for PyPy.
> Updating from Genshi 0.6 to 0.7 is described in
> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/upgrade.html#upgrading-from-genshi-0-6-x-to-the-development-version.
>
> Genshi 0.6.1 fixes numerous bugs and edge cases in Genshi 0.6.x. All
> these fixes are included in 0.7 too.
>
> Both can be downloaded from http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Download.

Fantastic news, well done Simon and everyone who contributed!

Cheers
David

Simon Cross

Mar 21, 2013, 5:34:29 PM3/21/13
to gen...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Jon Nelson <motorcyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome! I'm a big fan of Genshi.

Woot! :)

> Will the benchmarks page get updated with 0.6.1 and 0.7 vs <whatever>?
> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiPerformance

Hmm. That page needed a thorough overhaul. I did a new benchmark run
on my machine and updated the page with the results. I removed the
other templating engines -- I'm happy to add them back if someone is
willing to put in the effort of getting them all running on Python 2.x
and 3.x somewhere.

Schiavo
Simon