TSEM aggregated Cauchy association omnibus meta-analysis and Miami plot

Giuseppe Fanelli

May 3, 2024, 4:15:18 AMMay 3
to Genomic SEM Users
Hi all,
could someone share with me the script to implement a Cauchy association test on TSEM results? I tried to use the ACAT R package but I'm not sure on how to adapt the code to TSEM output.
I think it would be a good idea to implement it directly in TSEM code.

Also, what package do you suggest to build the MIAMI plot related to TSEM/Cauchy association omnibus meta-analysis results? Do you have scripts to share?

Many thanks in advance,
best, Giuseppe

Michel Nivard

May 3, 2024, 5:21:49 AMMay 3
to Giuseppe Fanelli, Genomic SEM Users
I don’t know ACAT, why is it used for? Combining p-values across traits or across genes/snps?

Best,
Michel

Op vr 3 mei 2024 om 10:15 schreef Giuseppe Fanelli <drgiusep...@gmail.com>

Giuseppe Fanelli

May 3, 2024, 6:26:44 AMMay 3
to Genomic SEM Users
Hi Michel,
ACAT is used to perform an Aggregated Cauchy Association Test (ACAT) (https://github.com/yaowuliu/ACAT; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajhg.2019.01.002) and meta-analyze results across tissues.
I found a reference to its use in previous papers using TSEM: eg https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.11.28.23299133 (preprint) and https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2023.1808.

best, Giuseppe

Michel Nivard

May 3, 2024, 6:51:56 AMMay 3
to Giuseppe Fanelli, Genomic SEM Users
So the way a cat appears to work is it computes a total p-Val’s based on the tissue p-Vals

I’d do something like this:

1. Run the twases

2. Merge on gene name

3. extract the p-vals into on matrix that is N genes rows and N tissues columns keep the gene names as row names for merging back to things.

Then:

apply(ACAT,1, p.matrix)

Runs acat across the rows I think.

Best,
Michel

Op vr 3 mei 2024 om 12:26 schreef Giuseppe Fanelli <drgiusep...@gmail.com>

Giuseppe Fanelli

May 6, 2024, 9:02:25 AMMay 6
to Genomic SEM Users
Many thanks Michel for your useful suggestion!
Best, Giuseppe