Get Rs Number Based On Chromosome and Position in GWAS summary statistics

Mayra Aldecoa

Jan 19, 2024, 11:44:26 AMJan 19
to Genomic SEM Users
Hello! I'm trying to munge the GWAS files but I have the SNP notation in "Chr:position_variant" and I don't know how to convert it in the "rs" notation requested. I've been diving in the web but apparently all the tool I found use VCF files. Do you have any suggestions to me to make this task?
Kinds!

Jeff Kim

Jan 22, 2024, 2:53:44 PMJan 22
to Genomic SEM Users
Hi Marya Aldecoa,

This is a bit of a crude way to do it, but I often just read another tsv file with rsID and SNP data and merge with the GWAS summary statistic.

Following are variants from 1000 Genomes, processed by developers of GWASLab:

This should cover 99% of the variants, including the HapMap 3 variants for LDSC.

Regards,
Jeff

Mayra Aldecoa

Jan 24, 2024, 10:22:24 AMJan 24