How to set up the sumstats parameters

Yu - Yvonne Huang

Jun 3, 2024, 9:09:58 AMJun 3
to Genomic SEM Users
Dear GSEM team,

First of all, thank you for the nice package again!

Recently, I was doing a GWAS-BY-Subtraction analysis using your package and I met a problem. The GWAS I used as input are derived from MTAG results (a combination of multiple linear traits). According to your instruction "https://github.com/GenomicSEM/GenomicSEM/wiki/2.-Important-resources-and-key-information", I can't find a clear answer on how to set the parameters for my data...I will assume the se.logit=F, OLS =T and linprob=F, right?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Yvonne

Elliot Tucker-Drob

Jun 3, 2024, 9:32:26 AMJun 3
to Yu - Yvonne Huang, Genomic SEM Users
I would not typically combine the MTAG-based sumstats with Genomic SEM. MTAG is itself a multivariate model and the MTAG bosted sumstats for a target trait will also include some of the collateral traits' genetic architecture.  That said, if you choose to proceed, I'd probably treat the trait as linear and compute an N_hat, the same as we do for GWASs of factors, as described in the genomic sem wiki.