Inflated multivariate GWAS pvalues

Shannon Cusack

Feb 7, 2024, 12:03:43 PMFeb 7
to Genomic SEM Users
Hi,

I'll echo other's sentiments and thank you all for the great package.

I was successfully able to run a multivariate GWAS on the three factors from our user-specified model. However, the results do not look trustworthy and I am wondering if it is a user issue vs. something else that may be going on. Specifically, for two of our factors, thousands of SNPs are meeting the genome-wide significance level, when we would only expect a handful or so to meet. Again, I am guessing this is a user error that occurred somewhere on my end, but thought I would check in just in case.

Thank you for your time,
Shannon

Elliot Tucker-Drob

Feb 7, 2024, 12:12:07 PMFeb 7
to Shannon Cusack, Genomic SEM Users
It's hard to say what's going on without knowing specifics. One thing that we've seen is that this can happen when there is a perfect linear dependency between the measures used. For instance, including grey matter volume, white matter volume, and total brain volume (grey+white matter) may produce this.Of course that's one of many possibilities. It could be anything from an error in processinging/Qcing the sumstats, to uncontrolled popstrat, to using indicators with minimal h2 or near 0 genetic correlation, to model misspecification.

Michel Nivard

Feb 7, 2024, 12:18:51 PMFeb 7
to Elliot Tucker-Drob, Genomic SEM Users, Shannon Cusack
Hi Shannon,

Could you share the model output (without SNPs) so we can try to the set of the potential causes of this behavior.

If your for any reason not able or willing to share the substantive results feel free to replace the trait names with random names.

Michel

Op wo 7 feb. 2024 om 18:12 schreef Elliot Tucker-Drob <tucke...@gmail.com>