Factor loadings in EFA

May 13, 2024, 1:03:38 AMMay 13
to Genomic SEM Users

Dear all,

At the moment I am running the exploratory factory analysis (EFA) and follow-up confirmatory factory analysis(CFA) within GenomicSEM. I wanted to ask a question regarding retaining traits in the model based on the loadings in EFA. For example, is a threshold/cut-off value for loadings> 0.25 advised to specify the model in CFA, or is a threshold of >0.4 or >0.5 advised? What may be the reason to specify a model based on one threshold over the other threshold in Genomic SEM?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help.

Kind regards,

Barbara