[GSOC-2016] Introduction

Ayush Jhunjhunwala

Mar 7, 2016, 9:18:31 PM3/7/16
to Genome Informatics-Google Summer of Code Group

Hi,

My name is Ayush Jhunjhunwala and I am a third year undergrad student at International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT-H) pursuing Btech in Computer Science and MS in Computational Natural Sciences.

To my experience I have built a portal using Python and Django to display a part of my research work - “Identification and Classification of Protonated Base Triples and Different Base Quartets Occurring in Folded RNA Structures.”[3]. The portal is completely made in Django framework and technologies like Python, Javascript, Html, CSS and Bootstrap.

Also I have done courses such as - Biomolecular Structure and Supramolecular Chemistry, Intro to Biology, Advanced Biology and Intro to Systems Biology.

To add on I have made a load-balancer using python socket library[2] and have done an internship at Takezero company where their product was developed on Django framework with back-end technologies like Python and Mysql, Elasticsearch and using RESTful web services and front-end technologies like jQuery and AngularJS[1].

I am interested in contributing to the community and I am also willing to apply for GSOC. I would like to work on the project - “Relational database for genome mutations in gene and protein networks” or “Interactive visualisation framework for genome mutations in gene and protein networks”.

I wanted to know more about the project and try to understand it and think about the implementation and prepare for the prerequisites under the guidance of a mentor. I have quite good knowledge of Python, C, Html, css, sql, Django Framework and genetics and biology.

It would be very helpful if you could guide me through.

Thanking you,

Ayush Jhunjhunwala

Reference:

[1]-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvqpialcCedV2VYRnpULUFLUUFLaXk0S0t2MFZrOVNERTNJ/view?usp=sharing

[2]- https://github.com/ayushjjwala/projects

[3]-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvqpialcCedZVFINUV4SGJMWUk/view?usp=sharing

rhaw

Mar 7, 2016, 9:27:33 PM3/7/16
to Genome Informatics-Google Summer of Code Group, juri.r...@utoronto.ca
Hi Ayush,
I've cc'd Juri Reimand, the project lead on both these ideas. Please drop him and email if you have any additional questions.
Good luck with your application.
Regards,
Robin Haw