Interested in Project Idea 3: Lightweight chat plugin for the JBrowse genome browser

Anubhav Mishra

Mar 7, 2016, 9:18:31 PM3/7/16
to Genome Informatics-Google Summer of Code Group
Hi Everybody!

I am Anubhav Mishra, a 3rd year B.Tech student at BVCOE, New Delhi. I am interested in the Project Idea 3: Lightweight chat plugin for JBrowse genome browser and i would like to complete this project under your guidance.
I have experience contributing to the open source community through bug-fixes and patches for the Mozilla's Firefox OS, Bower and TodoMVC Project. I have also completed an internship where i used NodeJS, specifically the MEAN Stack to implement a RestAPI for a Mobile App with very basic Chat Feature's built with Socket.io and redis pub/sub. I have also completed some other projects mainly with NodeJS and AngularJS that are on my github profile.

You can view my Github profile here: https://github.com/anubhav7495
You can view my NPM Profile here: https://www.npmjs.com/~anubhav7495

I am not very knowledgeable in bioinformatics and genomics, but i believe that with proper effort and persistence i can work that out. I would look forward to hear back from you guys and be a part of an awesome project.

Thanks
Anubhav Mishra

Robin Haw

Mar 7, 2016, 9:22:23 PM3/7/16
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com, iihh...@gmail.com
HI Anubhav,
I have cc’d Ian Holmes, who is the project lead, if you have more specific questions. Good luck with your application.
Regards,
Robin Haw