[GSOC Participation] Go-Docker integration

Varun Shankar

Mar 21, 2016, 7:33:12 PM3/21/16
to Genome Informatics-Google Summer of Code Group
Hello,

I am Varun Shankar currently pursuing final year B.Tech in Computer Science from Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham,Coimbatore,India. I would like to contribute to the project "Using Go-Docker to enhance Galaxy functionalities".I am comfortable with programming languages like C,C++,Python,Java, Qt, and Database technologies like Mongodb, Sql, Hadoop (Hive,Pig,MapReduce).
I tried the "Galaxy 101-1 example" and I am in the process of setting up galaxy in my local machine.I would like to know if the go-docker integration has been done, and if not, what do you use presently to run the queries (as in Galaxy 101-1 example). I would also like to get some more information regarding the project which would help me in drafting the proposal.

Thanks,
Varun Shankar S

Robin Haw

Mar 21, 2016, 11:21:27 PM3/21/16
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com, Yvan Le Bras, Olivier Sallou
Dear Varun,
Thanks for your interest in project 13. I’m sure Yvan and Olivier will be able to answer your questions.
Good luck with your proposal.
Best,
Robin Haw