Re: [Genome Informatics] Genome Informatics - GSoC 2013 Application

Scott Cain

Apr 23, 2013, 2:19:35 PM4/23/13
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com, Amelia Ireland
Hi Shivansh,

I'm not sure if Amelia is on this mailing list, so I'm going to cc her so you can discuss with her your ideas.

Scott

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Shivansh <shivan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am Shivansh, pursuing Engineering at BITS Pilani, currently in my Final year.

I am versed in Web Technologies focusing mainly UI, that include HTML5, JavaScripts (jQuery, ExtJS, Sencha), CSS.

I have worked in my college on several websites with the same knowledge. I had also given a talk at the 3rd WikiConference held in Mumbai, India, on "Improving Wiki UI using AJAX & jQuery" & presented 4 ideas/projects with the Wiki community. The mockups of my presentation and the ideas presented in it are here.

I also worked with the Scripps Research Institute on the project - "BioGPS:JQuery-based BioGPS gene-report layout canvas" - under
Mr. Ian Macleod, as part of GSoC 2012. (Sample Code)

My main aim in any project is improvement of User-Interface, so that the end user is the one who is gains the most by the simplicity and effectiveness of the project.

I am interested in the idea - GMOD wiki makeover.

As a side-note, I had worked on user-specific common.js in wiki a year back. I had hoped to develop an extension for the same, but it became difficult to do that alongwith last year's GSoC.

Kindly let me know how to proceed forward.

Thank you.

With Regards,
Shivansh

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research