Re: Introduction and project discussion under GSoC 2016

Sagun Pai

Mar 4, 2016, 8:49:13 PM3/4/16
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I am Sagun Pai, a fourth year undergraduate, pursuing dual degree (Bachelors and Masters) in Electrical Engineering and a minor degree in Computer Science at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. My main areas of interest revolve around Information retrieval, Data science and statistics. I have a good programming background and have a strong base in R, Python, Java and C++.

I have a decent amount of exposure to software development and statistical modelling due to my internships and projects. I have worked as a software developer intern at CitiCorp, India, where I made an interactive GUI for analyzing liquidity impact from huge amounts of dynamically updating stock data. Additionally, I have also worked as a analytical intern in Deloitte, wherein my work involved statistical modelling of Credit default swaps. I have also done research internships at Research Institute of Computer Science Toulouse and Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management. I have also created R packages and Shiny apps before (such as RgoodreadsmovieR).

I went through the project ideas and found the project on 'Interactive pipeline for retrieving, processing and visualising vast public gene expression datasets' (Project 16) really interesting. Due to my similar interests and technical background, I am really excited about contributing to it. I will be grateful if you could provide me with some advice and suggestions as to how should I move forward with the same

Thanks & Regards,
Sagun Pai
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India