Re: GIAB Structural Variant biweekly calls

Justin Zook

Apr 17, 2017, 9:49:38 AM4/17/17
to GIAB Analysis Team, Genome in a Bottle
Dear GIAB Analysis Team,

I am looking forward to talking with many of you this afternoon at 3pm EDT/12pm PDT for our first biweekly call about integration of structural variants.  The agenda for this first call is:

  1. Overview of candidate SV calls and proposed integration methods (slides at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ex1fvfD8tsWd9WQoaVYLxNd7EYsgJ1Yi8y2pnhh8sgs/edit?usp=sharing)
  2. Sequence-resolved integration methods (Nancy Hansen)
  3. Breakpoint-comparison integration methods (Fritz Sedlazeck)
The connection information is:

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122

Access Code: 138-950-397

If you are interested in receiving information about these calls in the future, please join the GIAB analysis team email list at:

Cheers,
Justin Zook

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:26 PM Justin Zook <justi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear GIAB Analysis Team,

It's been great working with many of you to explore a variety of ways to integrate structural variants, and we'd like to start a series of calls occurring every 2 weeks to plan and coordinate integration of the candidate SVs, manual inspection, forming benchmark calls, and publications.  Our first call will be 3pm EDT on April 17, and calls are planned for every 2 weeks after that at the same time.  Further information about agenda for the call and connection information will be sent closer to the first call.  I'm looking forward to talking with many of you then!

Also, if you've been developing new or enhanced methods for calling variants >19bp in size or doing de novo assembly and are interested in applying them to the GIAB AJ Trio, and you have not been in contact with me recently, I'd be happy to talk with you to see if we can include them in the integration methods.

Cheers,
Justin