Re: GIAB workshop - Save the Date

Justin Zook

Jan 11, 2019, 4:27:19 PM1/11/19
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com, GIAB Analysis Team
Dear Genome in a Bottle Consortium,

Due to the federal government shutdown, the planned call on January 14 about the GIAB workshop is postponed.  We will tentatively plan on having this call at 3pm EST on January 28 if funds are appropriated for NIST in time.  I apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to talking with everyone soon.

Best regards,
Justin

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 6:16 PM 'Zook, Justin (Fed)' via GIAB Analysis Team <giab-anal...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Dear Genome in a Bottle Consortium,

We plan to have a call on January 14 at 3pm EST to discuss plans for the March 28-29, 2019 GIAB workshop.  We welcome all interested in helping to set goals and content for the agenda. We also welcome topics for the steering committee, and the steering committee is open for self-nomination.

Feel free to send us ideas prior to the call, and we will send additional information for the call in the new year.

Cheers,

Justin and Marc

From: "'Zook, Justin (Fed)' via GIAB Analysis Team" <giab-anal...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, December 17, 2018 at 10:35 AM
To: GIAB Analysis Team <giab-anal...@googlegroups.com>, GIAB <genome-in...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [giab-analysis-team] GIAB workshop - Save the Date

Dear Genome in a Bottle Consortium,

We plan to hold the next Genome in a Bottle Workshop on March 28-29, 2019 in Stanford, CA.  This workshop will likely be morning and afternoon of March 28 and the morning of March 29, followed by the steering committee meeting in early afternoon.  The workshop include progress updates, presentations about related work, and planning for new samples and analyses. We plan to have a call to discuss specific topics for the workshop in early January, which we will announce to these GIAB lists.

Best regards,

Justin Zook and Marc Salit

Justin Zook

Jan 25, 2019, 4:32:55 PM1/25/19
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com, GIAB Analysis Team
Dear Genome in a Bottle Consortium,

It appears likely that NIST will be open on Monday, January 28, so we will plan to have the call about workshop plans as scheduled at 3pm EST on January 28.  We welcome all interested in helping to set goals and content for the agenda. We also welcome topics for the steering committee, and the steering committee is open for self-nomination.  Feel free to send us ideas prior to the call.  Call-in information is below:

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/177978608

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +18333021536,,177978608# or +16507249799,,177978608#

Or Telephone:

    Dial: +1 650 724 9799 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll) or +1 833 302 1536 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll Free)

    Meeting ID: 177 978 608

    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/8jlsB

    Meeting ID: 177 978 608

    SIP: 1779...@zoomcrc.com

Cheers,
Justin and Marc

Justin Zook

Jan 28, 2019, 11:54:44 AM1/28/19
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com, GIAB Analysis Team
Dear GIAB,

We look forward to discussing the GIAB workshop plans today at 3pm EST.  We've attached a strawman outline of goals for the workshop and agenda, and we look forward to getting your feedback and ideas today.

Call-in information is below:

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/177978608

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +18333021536,,177978608# or +16507249799,,177978608#

Or Telephone:

    Dial: +1 650 724 9799 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll) or +1 833 302 1536 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll Free)

    Meeting ID: 177 978 608

    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/8jlsB

    Meeting ID: 177 978 608

    SIP: 1779...@zoomcrc.com

Cheers,
Justin and Marc
2019 GIAB Workshop Planning.pdf

Justin Zook

Feb 8, 2019, 3:52:58 PM2/8/19
to genome-in...@googlegroups.com, GIAB Analysis Team
Dear Genome in a Bottle Consortium,

Thank you to all who participating in our planning call for the upcoming GIAB workshop March 28-29, 2019 at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.  Based on our discussion, we have developed a draft agenda, which we have attached.  Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for presentations.

NCBI and UCSC are also organizing a pangenomics hackathon March 25-27 at UCSC prior to the GIAB workshop (https://ncbiinsights.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2019/02/06/pangenomics-cloud-hackathon-march-2019/).  Registration for this hackathon is separate from the GIAB workshop registration.  A link for GIAB workshop registration will be sent to these email lists next week.

Cheers,
Justin Zook and Marc Salit
GIAB Workshop Agenda March 2019.pdf