GENI Portal Reservation Problem Report

Heims, Dustin M (via the GENI Portal)

Oct 6, 2022, 2:30:18 PM10/6/22
to geni-...@googlegroups.com
Attached is a problem report about reserving resources generated from the
GENI Portal (https://portal.geni.net/). This problem report contains
process-related information such as log files, resource specifications
(RSpecs) and metadata.

User message:
I am trying to request resources for myself, and it keeps sitting at unknown status. I have tried creating multiple slices in different ways and each time it comes to unknown. Any solutions?

Process metadata:
User name: Heims, Dustin M
User username: dheims
Slice URN: urn:publicid:IDN+ch.geni.net:ISU_CPRE_431+slice+DHeims
Slice name: DHeims
Project name: ISU_CPRE_431
Aggregate manager URLs: https://instageni.clemson.edu:12369/protogeni/xmlrpc/am/2.0
Aggregate manager names: Clemson InstaGENI
Request submitted: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 18:26:31 +0000

Thanks,
Heims, Dustin M
omni-invocation-bug-report-dheims-zW7mKp.zip

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 10, 2022, 3:39:46 PM10/10/22
to dhe...@iastate.edu, geni-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dustin,

 I see you GENI slice being up and no obvious errors. Is this still an
issue ?

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI and FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking Phone : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building Fax : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237 E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495 Web : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

University of Kentucky
**********************

Fengnian Zhao (via the GENI Portal)

Oct 17, 2022, 12:54:16 AM10/17/22
to geni-...@googlegroups.com
Attached is a problem report about reserving resources generated from the
GENI Portal (https://portal.geni.net/). This problem report contains
process-related information such as log files, resource specifications
(RSpecs) and metadata.

User message:
the ssh key on my laptop was modified accidentally, I delete the previous one and upload a new one but it always failed after that.
please reply me if you have any solutions
thanks very much for your help

Process metadata:
User name: Fengnian Zhao
User username: fz2179
Slice URN: urn:publicid:IDN+ch.geni.net:ECE6353-NYU-FA22+slice+1
Slice name: 1
Project name: ECE6353-NYU-FA22
Aggregate manager URLs: https://www.bbn.instageni.net:12369/protogeni/xmlrpc/am/2.0
Aggregate manager names: GPO InstaGENI
Request submitted: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 04:40:16 +0000

Thanks,
Fengnian Zhao
omni-invocation-bug-report-fz2179-zDCAym.zip

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 17, 2022, 9:13:48 AM10/17/22
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, fz2...@nyu.edu
All the slice names you are using are invalid names as per the sites.
You have to have a mix of characters and numbers and should not start
with a number.

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI & FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking Phone : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building Fax : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237 E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495 Web : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

University of Kentucky
**********************

Bandla, Mahesh (via the GENI Portal)

Oct 25, 2022, 3:21:43 PM10/25/22
to geni-...@googlegroups.com
Attached is a problem report about reserving resources generated from the
GENI Portal (https://portal.geni.net/). This problem report contains
process-related information such as log files, resource specifications
(RSpecs) and metadata.

User message:
in login there must be two login ids , but it showing only one id trying from more than 5 days , still getting the same problem

Process metadata:
User name: Bandla, Mahesh
User username: mbhpc
Slice URN: urn:publicid:IDN+ch.geni.net:CC-5525-F22+slice+mahesh
Slice name: mahesh
Project name: CC-5525-F22
Aggregate manager URLs: https://instageni.osu.edu:12369/protogeni/xmlrpc/am/2.0
Aggregate manager names: Ohio State University InstaGENI
Request submitted: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 19:18:50 +0000

Thanks,
Bandla, Mahesh
omni-invocation-bug-report-mbhpc-YQCmMG.zip

Hussamuddin Nasir

Bandla, Mahesh (via the GENI Portal)

Oct 25, 2022, 3:44:55 PM10/25/22
to geni-...@googlegroups.com
Attached is a problem report about reserving resources generated from the
GENI Portal (https://portal.geni.net/). This problem report contains
process-related information such as log files, resource specifications
(RSpecs) and metadata.

User message:
I was facing this issue for a long time, I kept on trying. I log in there must be two ids but shows only my login details there must be my professors. For your reference let me share the screenshot.

Process metadata:
User name: Bandla, Mahesh
User username: mbhpc
Slice URN: urn:publicid:IDN+ch.geni.net:CC-5525-F22+slice+maheshbandla
Slice name: maheshbandla
Project name: CC-5525-F22
Aggregate manager URLs: https://instageni.umkc.edu:12369/protogeni/xmlrpc/am
Aggregate manager names: UMKC InstaGENI
Request submitted: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 19:40:55 +0000

Thanks,
Bandla, Mahesh
omni-invocation-bug-report-mbhpc-9PDhoq.zip

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 25, 2022, 3:48:22 PM10/25/22
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, mb...@umkc.edu
How are these resources being created ? Are you using any command line
tools ? GENI Portal ? geni-lib ?

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI & FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking Phone : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building Fax : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237 E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495 Web : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

University of Kentucky
**********************

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 25, 2022, 6:08:58 PM10/25/22
to Bandla, Mahesh, geni-...@googlegroups.com

okay. It took me a while to figure out the issue. The issue is straight forward. Your professor's id is not created on your VMs because he/she does not have any ssh keys registered with the GENI Portal. The GENI Portal code does not request for user accounts to be created on VMs for all members of slice that do not have any ssh keys registered.

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI & FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************
no command line just, by creating a slice and dragging a node, and creating a source from the site. and reserving the resources.

On 10/25/22 15:44, Bandla, Mahesh (via the GENI Portal) wrote:
> Attached is a problem report about reserving resources generated from the

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 25, 2022, 6:10:46 PM10/25/22
to Bandla, Mahesh, geni-...@googlegroups.com

This issue should be resolved now. If you use the GENIDesktop, you professor's account may be created because the GENIDesktop adds an extra ssh key to each user of the slice. This access allows for the slice members to interact with the slice via the GENiDesktop. But this may not be the right solution to you  problem you mentioned in your previous emails.

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI & FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************
On 10/25/22 15:55, Bandla, Mahesh wrote:
even geni desktop is not working , for refer let me share you the screen shot.

no command line just, by creating a slice and dragging a node, and creating a source from the site. and reserving the resources.

How are these resources being created ? Are you using any command line
tools ? GENI Portal ? geni-lib ?

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI & FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
                         University of Kentucky
                         **********************

On 10/25/22 15:44, Bandla, Mahesh (via the GENI Portal) wrote:
> Attached is a problem report about reserving resources generated from the

Bandla, Mahesh

Nov 4, 2022, 10:20:54 AM11/4/22
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, na...@netlab.uky.edu
no command line just, by creating a slice and dragging a node, and creating a source from the site. and reserving the resources.

How are these resources being created ? Are you using any command line
tools ? GENI Portal ? geni-lib ?

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI & FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
                         University of Kentucky

On 10/25/22 15:44, Bandla, Mahesh (via the GENI Portal) wrote:
> Attached is a problem report about reserving resources generated from the

Bandla, Mahesh

Nov 4, 2022, 10:20:58 AM11/4/22