Problems deleting resources

ff...@nyu.edu

Oct 5, 2021, 12:23:09 PM10/5/21
to GENI Users
Several students have told me that they are having trouble deleting resources - that they click the Delete button in the Portal and nothing happens. I have experienced this several times myself. Is there anything that can be done about it?

(Students often won't go back to try again later if deleting fails the first time, so they end up not freeing resources that should be freed.)

I also have a couple of slices (lab2-yl9238 Lab2kpv222IAP) that I still can't delete resources from after several attempts in the Portal and omni. omni says:

Error from Aggregate: code 14. protogeni AM code: 14: resource is busy; try again later

Please advise. thanks!

Husaamuddin Nasir

Oct 5, 2021, 12:34:50 PM10/5/21
to geni-...@googlegroups.com
Can u mention some of the racks where this is happenning ??

Sent from my Galaxy

ff...@nyu.edu

Oct 5, 2021, 12:38:08 PM10/5/21
to GENI Users
For the two slices that omni said was "busy": VT and CWRU.

thanks!

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 5, 2021, 3:33:07 PM10/5/21
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, ff...@nyu.edu

i have found the issue and just fixed it on al the racks. Things should work now.

--
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab, GENI & FABRIC Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************

Fraida Fund

Oct 5, 2021, 4:43:06 PM10/5/21
to Hussamuddin Nasir, geni-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Fraida Fund

Oct 10, 2021, 9:10:53 PM10/10/21
to Hussamuddin Nasir, geni-...@googlegroups.com
Follow up: I am having a similar problem again this evening. This time on Stanford, slice name is lab3-XLu

Thanks!

Hussamuddin Nasir

ff...@nyu.edu

Oct 11, 2021, 1:13:06 AM10/11/21
to GENI Users
Still doesn't work - I wasn't able to delete resources via Portal or via omni. omni says:

Error from Aggregate: code 14. protogeni AM code: 14: resource is busy; try again later

I suspect that this problem may be affecting more slices than I know about, but most students probably wouldn't bother to report back to me if they can't delete resources. They just give up and the resources aren't freed until the slice expires :(