GENI Webinar Series - January 27th - Denial of Service Detection and Mitigation on GENI

Ben Newton

Jan 20, 2017, 1:41:19 PM1/20/17
to geni-a...@geni.net, geni-ed...@googlegroups.com, geni-...@googlegroups.com, tccc-a...@comsoc.org
Join us on Friday January 27th 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET for the next in our series of GENI Webinars.  Xenia Montrouidou from the College of Charleston will present:

Denial of Service Detection and Mitigation on GENI

The goal of this webinar is to demonstrate how you can use GENI for cybersecurity research and education projects. First we will run a simple TCP SYN flood attack and use Wireshark to visualize the surge of traffic. We will then use an Intrusion Detection System (IDS), snort, and write a simple rule to detect the attack. Finally, we will use SDN flow tables and drop/redirect rules to mitigate the attack. These labs were created for the project "CyberPaths" that aims to introduce cybersecurity education in liberal arts colleges using GENI.

To receive connection information, and updates on this and other webinars in the series, please fill out and submit the form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LGxj-IKeHjsob-NkIJejOVokrr8gtpbaAfzk81TV3Bs.

Thanks,
  Ben Newton, Jay Aikat, and Kevin Jeffay (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)