Join us at SIGCSE 2019 Workshop #405: "CyberPaths: cyber security labs for liberal arts institutions using the NSF Global Environment for Network Innovations (GENI)"

1 view

Xenia Mountrouidou

Feb 12, 2019, 5:39:57 PM2/12/19
to geni-ed...@googlegroups.com
We would like to invite you to the SIGCSE Workshop “CyberPaths: cyber security labs for liberal arts institutions using the NSF Global Environment for Network Innovations (GENI)” (https://sigcse2019.sigcse.org/attendees/workshops.html#405). Come learn through presentations and hands-on exercises on how to use the cyber security labs we have created on the free NSF GENI testbed and how to create your own labs.  Participate in a discussion on integrating cyber security into liberal arts general education and paths your students can follow to enter a career in the field.  We highly recommend you bring a laptop with a browser and ssh client installed to participate in the hands-on component of the workshop.

For additional information and materials, please check our project website: http://blogs.cofc.edu/cyberpaths/

Workshop Day and Time: Saturday, March 2, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Special Interest Group in Computer Science (SIGCSE) symposium, Minneapolis, MN (https://sigcse2019.sigcse.org/).
Requirements: Basic computer networks and security knowledge, laptop with internet connection for the hands-on part of the workshop.
Note: *Nix based machines and Windows 10 machines with PowerShell have native ssh clients and no additional software installation is needed.

--
Best regards,

Xenia Mountrouidou, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,