Lab sequence for a bottom-up course in computer networks following Stallings

Fraida Fund

Sep 28, 2017, 3:30:30 PM9/28/17
to GENI in Education
Hi GENI educators,

I put up a web page showing the lab sequence we use for our undergrad communication networks course in the ECE department here at NYU Tandon.

This is a complete bottom-up lab sequence for an undergrad course in computer networks, following William Stallings' "Data and Computer Communications" textbook. The main sequence includes 9 lab assignments (approximately 1 lab per 1 week or 1.5 week during the semester, not including the standard GENI "Lab 0"). There are also 5 "extra" lab exercises for students interested in engaging further with the material. Each lab in the main sequence includes background information on the topic, step-by-step instructions for running the experiment, and an "Exercise" section with questions that students may answer.

I am sharing this page with the list in case it is of interest to anyone here - I would of course be very happy to answer any questions potential adopters might have about the material.

Best,
Fraida Fund
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, NYU Tandon School of Engineering