GWG meeting / lunch / drinks

R W

Nov 11, 2022, 5:49:55 AM11/11/22
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com, Alex Faundez
Dear all,

It's been a long time since we had an in person GWG meeting, but maybe now is the time to reignite our community with an in-person get together!

Being aware that many of you are looking for new roles and some are looking to fill positions, we thought a good topic for our next meeting could be discussing:

- the current market for web/social/digital/comms professionals in Geneva
- what we can be doing to make ourselves an organization's ideal hire / first pick
- what employers in our community are ideally looking for in a web/social/digital/comms professional

If you believe that you could help by presenting on one or all of the above, please let us know. If not, we will manage the session as an informal discussion.

As well as this, in the next meeting, we would also suggest planning future topics for web group meetings and commit to hearing topics for presentation by members of our community.

In terms of timings for the next GWG meeting, we are proposing mid-January. So, in order to reacquaint ourselves, we are also suggesting meeting for pre-holiday drinks in the next few weeks, specifically:

Drinks: Tuesday 29 November, 17:30 onwards, Pickwicks Pub
Lunch: Friday 2 December, TBD - please confirm attendance to Alex and I directly by end of the day WEDNESDAY 16 NOV so we can find a suitable venue.

Looking forward to seeing you all very soon!

Alex and Richard

Richard Warren

Nov 28, 2022, 11:50:53 AM11/28/22
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com, Alex Faundez
Dear all,

Sorry for the last minute notice, but I’m afraid that neither Alex or I are fully fit so we were thinking to postpone the GWG drinks planned for tomorrow evening until early next year. :( Will send an email to book this in at a later date.

However, we’re hopeful that the lunch this Friday can go ahead. Are any of you free and keen to meet up for lunch on Friday near the general UN area?

Thanks and sorry again,

Richard

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---