Gauging interest on an event for leaders of online communities and collaboratories

Bill Johnston

May 1, 2024, 5:48:23 AMMay 1
to Geneva Web Group

Greetings GWG,

My colleague Dr. Lauren Vargas and I are planning an event for those who lead online communities (communities of practice, professional networks, ongoing collaborations). The event is intended to bring together a group of experienced community leaders to share current challenges, cross-pollinate solutions, gain perspective from adjacent sectors (public and private), and showcase inspirational work and outcomes.

We think Geneva might be a great location, and I wanted to reach out to this group and gauge interest.

We are targeting Monday, 29 July, for the session. I realize this date is the week of 1 August and that this may impact availability.

Questions I would appreciate your feedback on (if interested):

  • Might you or a colleague be interested in participating?

  • If this is of interest, do you have case studies to share or urgent topics to discuss?

  • Lastly - might you have a space available and be willing to host 25-30 people?

If you are interested, feel free to reply privately to me (if you prefer) at bi...@structure3c.com

You are probably asking yourself “Who is this guy?”
I was introduced to this group by Craig Duncan in 2009 when I was traveling to Geneva for a project with the Global Fund. I continue to make frequent trips to Switzerland because I occasionally take on projects in CH and we have a family home in Ticino.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from any interested parties.

Bill Johnston

CEO, Structure3C

https://www.linkedin.com/in/billj/