Social media guidelines for Intranets?

Alex Faundez

Jul 30, 2014, 4:47:52 AM7/30/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear group members,

Does anyone know where I can find ideas for social media guidelines for community sites on a private network (Intranet), ideally for UN Intranets?

I have found a few social media guidelines for the UN (DPI, UNAIDS, etc.), but they are too broad and focusing mainly on public networks (Internet).

Also, for those who have enterprise social networks, do you have simplified "rules of engagement" or did you come up with official guidelines?

Thank you

Dalia Lourenço

Jul 30, 2014, 11:26:02 AM7/30/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex!

What I've been hearing is that it might actually be better to go with less guidelines in the beginning and create them as the need arises.
Otherwise, it could be difficult to get participation.

You could start off by asking staff to use their best judgement. And then, here are some examples of rules that may eventually need to be added:

  • Value-added content only (no "very good" or "great!" comments)
  • No abusive language
  • Do not speak outside of your expertise
  • Do not post confidential information
  • etc etc

Who are you creating a network for?

All the best,