Recommendations for UI designers

Andrew Ries

Jul 5, 2013, 4:47:36 AM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello group,

The WHO is working on a new financing and reporting portal and we are looking to bring in some extra help to work on the UI and design.  Can anyone strongly recommend local or international designers that they have worked with?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions,
Andrew

Rick El-Darwish

Jul 5, 2013, 6:54:03 AM7/5/13
to geneva-web-group
Hi Andrew,

  I've worked with a couple of folks that I'd be happy to recommend:
- Pierre Chassany (http://comstone.ch/) does some pretty awesome work, he's also got experience with NGO's in the domain of public health.
- Matt Martin (http://www.mediafrontier.ch) also does some great work, I've met him in the context of the private sector.

  <shameless-plug> If you're looking for a techie to implement any of these web designs using some of the cool web frameworks such as Bootstrap & jQuery, I'd be happy to contribute too! I've got a background in web development and have worked with both commercial technologies (Sharepoint / ASP.NET) and open-source (LAMP, Ruby on Rails, Python / GAE). </shameless-plug>

Best regards,
Rick.

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

Ricardo El-Darwish
Chief Technical Officer
St. Noble Company
web:    http://www.stnoble.com
e-mail: ri...@stnoble.com

Thorsten Arndt

Jul 5, 2013, 8:20:16 AM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

I can highly recommend SUMO. We've been working with them for the past three years. They do UI, design, and technology, so they've got a good understanding of potential needs and solutions. Most recently, they've done the website of the Red Cross museum. See http://www.sumointeractive.com/ or contact Stephane Balet at s.b...@sumointeractive.com.

Cheers
Thorsten

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Andrew Ries <ri...@who.int> wrote:

Simonetta Consorti

Jul 5, 2013, 6:08:40 AM7/5/13
to geneva-web-group
Hi Andrew,

Do you need an Information Architect or a Graphic Designer?

Cheers,
Simonetta

Simonetta Consorti
+33 (0)6 33.04.44.17

Skype: malaparte05

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Andrew Ries <ri...@who.int> wrote:

trev...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2013, 10:57:51 AM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

I'm currently working for Media Frontier. As Rick mentioned, Matt Martin works here along with others. We would be happy to help.

Best,

Trevor

Glenn O'Neil

Jul 5, 2013, 8:37:04 AM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Also consider Yona Lee Design http://www.yonalee.com/, local design agency - designers who understand usability....

Kind regards,
Glenn

Alexis Dufresne

Jul 5, 2013, 11:11:18 AM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
I would definetely recommend Telono,based in Geneva, we've had great experiences working with them!!  www.telono.ch

Alexis Dufresne
Agence Inovae

David Roessli

Jul 5, 2013, 1:29:17 PM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,

<shameless-plug>I'm based in Geneva (http://cybmed.com) and have redesigned the ISO website along with Andy Clarke (http://stuffandnonsense.co.uk) as well as work for other local agencies (ISSAT/DCAF, etc.). I'm currently working with the IEC on the redesign of their Webstore.</shameless-plug>

Best regards // david

Peter Warne

Jul 5, 2013, 12:16:31 PM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
I can thoroughly endorse Glenn's recommendation of Yona Lee

Peter

Jonas Vonlanthen

Jul 5, 2013, 12:54:55 PM7/5/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

You should get in touch with the guys from :ratio (based in Lausanne).
We have worked with them on several projects, they really excel in UX/UI and Design.

HTH,
Jonas

Luigi Principi

Jul 10, 2013, 11:03:08 AM7/10/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,
I worked a lot with David Roessli (I was the client for the ISO website he mentions) and he's really great.
He's very knowledgeable in all areas of web design and development - always on the cutting edge, but also very pragmatical when evaluating what can and cannot work.
He also knows a lot about programming so he can easily talk to your developers and makes things easier for everyone.
Highly recommended!!

If you want, give me a call on 079 250 11 66 with any questions you may have ....
Kind regards,
Luigi

Andrew Ries

Jul 15, 2013, 8:37:47 AM7/15/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Thank you to everyone for the feedback and suggestions, they were very helpful.

Kindest regards,
Andrew

Fernando Zarur

Jul 15, 2013, 3:06:47 PM7/15/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,
I would also recommend torchbox.com, an agency I have worked with many times before. They are UK based, but they specialize in non-profits and international organizations, which means that they have many clients and are often here in Geneva.

Best,
FZ

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

Find me:  LinkedIn  Flickr  Twitter