Re: {GWG: 3097} Digest for geneva-web-group@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Federico GALATI

Aug 3, 2022, 11:24:14 AM8/3/22
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com, Alexandre Faundez
Dear Alex,

  I m glad to see I'm not the only one working at the moment in this warm summer.

Wherever I have launched or coordinated new portals, that is ICC, HCR, ITC, WMO and now UNOG with UNOPS, GDPR was discussed with Legal office.

We never implemented it, but it remains the decision of the organisation itself.

Take care! Hope it helps.

Fede

On Wed, 3 Aug 2022, 16:38 , <geneva-w...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Alex Faundez <faunde...@gmail.com>: Aug 03 01:33AM -0700

Greetings, GWG members!

Are UN websites (especially those that use Google Analytics) subject to the
GDRP?

If you're a UN agency based in Switzerland, do you need to add a GDPR
warning to your website?

I did some research but couldn't come up with anything conclusive, so any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Alex Faundez
Genc Kastrati <Genc.K...@theglobalfund.org>: Aug 03 08:50AM

Hi Alex,

Good question! It is one for the lawyers as every organization needs to assess the risk and compliance and decide. Language added to the directive later states IOs are subject to GDPR, but of course it is a bit more complicated. The relationship between the IO and EC is also important here. Voila an article that might be useful:
https://iapp.org/news/a/eu-gdpr-applicability-to-international-organizations/

At the Global Fund we’ve implemented GDPR on our website in the stricter sense because I believe it is the right thing to do, and also because it is important to provide the option of not-tracking to visitors. Visitors should own the data and be aware of how it will be used. It is also important not to force them to accept cookies, or make it complicated. Anyone can browse the website without any hindrance if they don’t accept cookies.

GDPR compliance has also been expanded to other platforms and we’ve had numerous deletion requests already. These requests were processed in compliance with GDPR.

My own opinion is that IOs already enjoy a lot of privileges and should be an example of protecting personal data, something many companies abuse.

Merci!
Genc

Genc Kastrati
Lead, Web Team
Web Team
Communications Department
External Relations and Communications

M: +41794683971 (no sms or WhatsApp)<tel:+41794683971%20(no%20sms%20or%20WhatsApp)>
T: +41587911540<tel:+41587911540>
genc.k...@theglobalfund.org<mailto:genc.k...@theglobalfund.org>
theglobalfund.org<www.theglobalfund.org/en/>

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

***Apologies for cross-posting***

British Academy’s Visiting Fellowships

The British Academy’s Visiting Fellowships programme provides outstanding
academics based in any country overseas with the opportunity to be based at
a UK higher education or other research institution. The programme is open
to academics at any career stage, and in any discipline within the
humanities and social sciences.

Aims

Visiting Fellowships illustrate the British Academy’s profound and on-going
commitment to international engagement. The aim of this programme is to
ensure that the UK remains an attractive, welcoming, and productive research
environment for academics globally. Through this programme, the Academy aims
to:

* enhance and build new links between scholars from around the globe
and in the UK;
* foster opportunities and encourage the development of new and future
partnerships for collaborative research into the humanities and social
sciences;
* enable academics from across the globe to undertake research and/or
professional development with UK colleagues;
* strengthen the UK’s research bases in the humanities and the social
sciences.
*

Eligibility requirements

Visiting Fellows must be of postdoctoral level or above, or have equivalent
research experience at the time of application. Candidates should be based
outside of the UK at the time of application. Applicants may be on permanent
or fixed-term contracts. Fixed-term contracts must not end before the end
date of the Visiting Fellowship. Independent scholars are also welcome to
apply.

Applicants must demonstrate that they have been in contact with their UK
host institution prior to applying. Please note that the British Academy is
not able to assist with locating of facilitating contact with a UK host
institution.

The British Academy welcomes applications from a diverse range of UK host
institutions, and would particularly encourage applications from
historically and / or structurally disadvantaged groups, low-income
countries, and female researchers.

For more details about the Visiting Fellowship programme, including
eligibility requirements, please see the
<https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/funding/visiting-fellowships/guidance-n
otes/> scheme notes.

Value and duration

Visiting Fellowships are available for a period of between three to six
months. Applicants will be asked to provide their preferred start date for
their Fellowship over the spring and summer (March-August 2023).

The maximum funding available is £33,000.

Application process

Applications must be submitted online using the British Academy’s Grant
Management System (GMS), Flexi-Grant®.

Deadline

The deadline for applications is 17:00 (GMT) on Wednesday 30 November 2022.

Gianluca Miscione
University College Dublin

<https://bit.ly/3HOiNrS> https://people.ucd.ie/gianluca.miscione
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.