Re: {GWG: 2376} Looking for a speaker on Internet & Privacy

francesca matera

Apr 25, 2013, 5:06:04 AM4/25/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raphaël,
I know someone here who is a bit of a guru for internet privacy/social media/hoaxes-related issues. But I'm not sure if you need someone who's more on the techie side. He hosts his own radio how on Swiss broadcaster SSR (in Italian) That's his blog http://attivissimo.blogspot.ch/p/mi-presento.html
Good luck!
Francesca

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Raphaël Dard <rad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there someone you could recommend who could give an interesting talk (or are you interested in doing it?), for 15 minutes, on the theme of today's Internet and related privacy issues?

If there is, please reply here or email me at radardATgmail.com

This presentation will be done at the ISOC headquarters (room for 20 to 30 ppl).
Some more details on the event:

> DATE:    16 May
> TIME:     18h30 (duration: abt 2hrs)
>
> AGENDA:
> --------
> 1. Welcoming by an Isoc or Isoc.ch Board member (10/15 mn)
>
> 2. Presentations:
>    1: About ISOC, by an Isoc.ch board member (15 mn + 10 for Q&A/clarification)
>    2: Privacy: challenges, opportunities and desirable way(s) forward... (15 mn)
>
> 3. Group discussion; 30 mn
>
> 4. Drinks /snacks, 30 mn
> ---------

If you are interested to just attend, you are also welcome to request for an invite, but the event will be for the "society", meaning not just web experts ;)

Thanks a lot,
Best,

Raphaël

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

francesca matera

Apr 26, 2013, 4:00:09 AM4/26/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
you're welcome! He was born in the UK, so I'm sure he speaks perfect English.
ciao
Francesca

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Raphaël Dard <rad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks a lot, Francesca.
Yes, I'm happy to contact / have chat with him, to see if he'd be interested!

Stephanie Booth

Apr 26, 2013, 11:41:50 AM4/26/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
You're right Claude, this is up my alley. Date is not too good though.

Raphaël: you might want to try Olivier Glassey of UNIL/EPFL?

Cheers

Steph

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Claude Vedovini <cla...@vedovini.net> wrote:
Hi Raphaël,

I recommend Stephanie Booth: http://climbtothestars.org/

Regards,
C.

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:59:15 AM UTC+7, Raphaël Dard wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there someone you could recommend who could give an interesting talk (or are you interested in doing it?), for 15 minutes, on the theme of today's Internet and related privacy issues?

If there is, please reply here or email me at radardATgmail.com

This presentation will be done at the ISOC headquarters (room for 20 to 30 ppl).
Some more details on the event:

> DATE:    16 May
> TIME:     18h30 (duration: abt 2hrs)
>
> AGENDA:
> --------
> 1. Welcoming by an Isoc or Isoc.ch Board member (10/15 mn)
>
> 2. Presentations:
>    1: About ISOC, by an Isoc.ch board member (15 mn + 10 for Q&A/clarification)
>    2: Privacy: challenges, opportunities and desirable way(s) forward... (15 mn)
>
> 3. Group discussion; 30 mn
>
> 4. Drinks /snacks, 30 mn
> ---------

If you are interested to just attend, you are also welcome to request for an invite, but the event will be for the "society", meaning not just web experts ;)

Thanks a lot,
Best,

Raphaël

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

Espace Coworking Lausanne: http://eclau.ch
Médias sociaux et communautés en ligne: http://formation-mscl.ch
blog: http://climbtothestars.org & http://digitalcrumble.com/
skype: steph-booth | SMS: +41 78 625 44 74 | twitter: @stephtara
geotag: Lausanne, CH (GMT+1) | For the rest... Google me!

Ernst Décsey

May 2, 2013, 5:08:42 AM5/2/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Talking about FB and privacy, Max Schrems was in Lausanne last week: http://www.tdg.ch/high-tech/web/news/standard/Facebook-profite-doublement-de-ses-membres/story/21798257

Find out more on his association: http://europe-v-facebook.org/EN/en.html

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM, Timo Luege <timo....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Raphael,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come, but totally by chance I came across this infographic today that looks at Facebook and privacy:
http://www.socialfish.org/2013/04/cool-infographic-friday-facebooks-privacy-policy-changes.html

I thought it might interest you,
All the best,

Timo