Conference systems Share Fair - Jan 16 - (for UN Agencies only)

craig.duncan

Jan 7, 2014, 8:09:19 AM1/7/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I am posting this message here to work through the GWG communication channel to appropriate UN people in Geneva. Sorry, this is a UN only meeting this time.

At the UN IT managers group in December, a discussion started around conference support systems. This has resulted in a Conference systems Share Fair - Jan 16.

This is an IT managers meeting but if you feel that you have something to share, please contact your IT manager and have them contact me directly.

Craig Duncan
+41 22 917 8898

Meeting  from 1430 - 1730 on Jan 16 at our Varembe office - 17 rue Varembe in front of the CICG.
http://www.cicg.ch/en/access-map/
Room Rhone - EFTA meeting room on the entresol level
We will set up a Webex for remote participants.

Objective:

Understand work of other UN organizations in Geneva for conference support, share experience and ideas and possibly develop joint applications.

Agenda:

One hour for each topic, and have a round of 5 minute presentations from each relevant partner followed by discussion.

Topics:

Registration and accreditation systems
Remote access systems
Paperless conference document management

5 minute presentations should focus on:

A) What we have
B) What we are currently building
C) What we need
D) What we can offer

I have set up a Doodle poll for those that want to present their work. Please check which topics you can present on. Remember that presentations should be only 5 minutes each to allow time for discussion.

http://doodle.com/43pwsxiehcva8e2t

Craig

Matthias Faeh

Jan 7, 2014, 10:57:29 AM1/7/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Duncan,

I understand this is UN only discussion, but in case your looking for ideas I'd be glad to present you what we have implemented for our partners and even more interesting, how it has been done.

Best regards,

Matthias

2014/1/7 craig.duncan <craig....@un.org>

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

Matthias Faeh | Sales manager

Lausanne - Switzerland

Phone: +41 21 312 62 71 | Mobile: +41 78 607 01 99

matthi...@nxc.ch | Skype: matthias.faeh

RSS Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ Get our newsletter!

NXC Blog  - Useful tips for your IT

logo.gif