Advice on online bulk email system

David Matthey-Doret

Jan 7, 2014, 5:55:57 AM1/7/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

First of all, happy new year to all of you.

After the unexpected shutdown of our current service, we are looking for a new provider to manage our bulk emails.

We sometimes have up to approximately 8'000 recipients, in four languages (English, French, Spanish and Russian). We do only email in text format or very simple HTML in order to avoid any reading problems by our recipients. We don't need any elaborate formatting system.

What are you advice or experiences ?

Of course, the cheapest will be the best.

Thank you in advance

Alexander Teleki

Jan 7, 2014, 11:31:15 AM1/7/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I would suggest MailChimp. However, if you are looking for a more basic solution, you can also try MailJet (http://www.mailjet.com/) .

Hope this helps!

Best regards and Happy New Year to all,

Alex

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

SeanF

Jan 9, 2014, 9:48:08 AM1/9/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
If you have a custom application (ie: where you control the code), you can hook into the SendGrid API pretty easily. sendgrid.com

Sean Carroll

Jeff Thomas

Jan 13, 2014, 8:12:01 AM1/13/14
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
we have about 70K addresses and we currently use mail chimp.  Mailchimp allows the business users to design their own templates that display well on mobile and desktop and I love that on the tech side we don't really have to do anything.  They have ngo pricing as well btw you just have to contact customer service.