Mapping of integrated web properties - any suggestions?

Craig Duncan

Mar 21, 2013, 3:09:01 PM3/21/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
We have several interconnected websites with a lot of shared content, and are now experimenting with ways to map the whole set of properties as part of a redesign process.

Any examples of such maps or ideas on how to do it would be appreciated.

Craig

Hugo Jacquet

Mar 22, 2013, 4:20:48 AM3/22/13
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello Craig,

Do you have some data flows that are sufficient to map all of them with a sort of EAI in the middle ? or is it just multiple databases on different places that are not easily accessed with web services ? You can maybe build a generic api for all of the website that is able to fetch or feed data the same way but from and to different sources. The point I think is to know if you need to aggregate the datas or just build an abstraction layer to get the data available from any source using the same api.

Craig

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---