Two weeks ago after I had made a reply to this list from a non-subscribed email address, I received:
Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer...@googlemail.com
Mon, Apr 6, 7:51 PM
We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact
(generic-abi) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post
messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to
* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to
* * This group may not be open to posting.
* If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group,
* visit the Help Center at https://groups.google.com/support/
* Google Groups
Can the administrator remove this restriction?
I also remember that sometimes the URLs can be different for different
logins. I ran into this problem again today (https://reviews.llvm.org/D78438
when a reviewer mentioned that my pasted link does not work in his browser....
It is also a pain for me to get a stable URI for a particular discussion..
If we can't remove this restriction, shall we move the list to another
place, e.g. openwall.com