terminate called after throwing an instance of 'LibpllException'

166 views
Skip to first unread message

Alessandra Aleotti

unread,
Jan 29, 2021, 12:09:05 PM1/29/21
to GeneRax
Hello,
I am having a situation in which some of my generax runs are being aborted. 
After successfully passing the Filtering of invalid families step and after starting the reconciliation rates optimization, after a while I get the following message:

[00:00:00] Optimizing gene trees with radius=1...
sh: line 1: 32432 Segmentation fault      generax optimizeGeneTrees INAD.ete.newick.newick NONE INAD.extracted.ordered.reduced.cdhit97.mafft.trimal INAD_Results/inferred_species_tree.newick LG+F+R7 INAD_Results/gene_optimization_0/dtl_rates.txt 0 0 0 1 -1 1 1 1 1 INAD_Results/results/INAD/geneTree.newick INAD_Results/results/INAD/stats.txt > INAD_Results/gene_optimization_0/per_job_logs/INAD_out.txt
        JointLL=0 RecLL=0 LibpllLL=0

[00:02:49] Reconciliation rates optimization...
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'LibpllException'
  what():  Could not load open newick file INAD_Results/results/INAD/geneTree.newick
[alice04:32413] *** Process received signal ***
[alice04:32413] Signal: Aborted (6)
[alice04:32413] Signal code:  (-6)
[alice04:32413] [ 0] /lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0xf630)[0x2aaaab359630]
[alice04:32413] [ 1] /lib64/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x37)[0x2aaaab59c387]
[alice04:32413] [ 2] /lib64/libc.so.6(abort+0x148)[0x2aaaab59da78]
[alice04:32413] [ 3] /lustre/ahome3/a/aa1176/miniconda3/envs/generax_env/bin/../lib/libstdc++.so.6(_ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv+0xbc)[0x2aaaaaf81892]
[alice04:32413] [ 4] /lustre/ahome3/a/aa1176/miniconda3/envs/generax_env/bin/../lib/libstdc++.so.6(+0xacf69)[0x2aaaaaf7ff69]
[alice04:32413] [ 5] /lustre/ahome3/a/aa1176/miniconda3/envs/generax_env/bin/../lib/libstdc++.so.6(+0xacfab)[0x2aaaaaf7ffab]
[alice04:32413] [ 6] /lustre/ahome3/a/aa1176/miniconda3/envs/generax_env/bin/../lib/libstdc++.so.6(__cxa_rethrow+0x0)[0x2aaaaaf80194]
[alice04:32413] [ 7] generax(_ZN13LibpllParsers18readNewickFromFileERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE+0x465)[0x5555555c32e5]
[alice04:32413] [ 8] generax(_ZN13LibpllParsers20parallelGetTreeSizesERKSt6vectorI10FamilyInfoSaIS1_EE+0xd0)[0x5555555c41d0]
[alice04:32413] [ 9] generax(_ZN16PerCoreGeneTreesC2ERKSt6vectorI10FamilyInfoSaIS1_EE+0x70)[0x5555555f9b80]
[alice04:32413] [10] generax(_ZN8Routines13optimizeRatesEbRKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE8RecModelbbRSt6vectorI10FamilyInfoSaISA_EEbR10ParametersRl+0xcb)[0x5555556001db]
[alice04:32413] [11] generax(_ZN11GeneRaxCore25optimizeRatesAndGeneTreesER15GeneRaxInstancebbj+0x6ba)[0x5555555924ca]
[alice04:32413] [12] generax(_ZN11GeneRaxCore19geneTreeJointSearchER15GeneRaxInstance+0xbb)[0x5555555933fb]
[alice04:32413] [13] generax(_Z12generax_mainiPPcPv+0x398)[0x55555558a808]
[alice04:32413] [14] generax(_Z13internal_mainiPPcPv+0x3c)[0x55555558b50c]
[alice04:32413] [15] /lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x2aaaab588555]
[alice04:32413] [16] generax(+0x35bc1)[0x555555589bc1]
[alice04:32413] *** End of error message ***
Aborted


What could the problem be? Is there a problem with the gene trees? My gene trees are in newick format and I have checked for multifurcations, I have also tried using both rooted and unrooted versions. What else can I try?
The species tree I am using has worked fine for other gene families I have previously run. 

Thank you very much!
Alessandra

Benoit Morel

unread,
Jan 31, 2021, 11:01:32 AM1/31/21
to GeneRax
Dear Alessandra,

Sorry, I just realized that I replied in private to the previous messages.
I managed to reproduce the issue with your data. There is a bug in GeneRax that is triggered by the use of free rates in the substitution model (here LG+F+R7). I will release a new version with the fix, hopefully tomorrow. I think that you installed GeneRax with BioConda, so you might have to wait a few more days before the conda package gets updated. I will tell you when it' available.

Many thanks for the report,
Benoit
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages