Invalid Fasta Files After Pargene

Andrew

Feb 10, 2022, 9:24:53 AM2/10/22
to GeneRax
Dear Benoit,

I have been using generax after an inferring single gene trees using pargenes, and preparing my families file with the script supplied.

I noticed that my around 3318 of my families were classed as invalid.

I checked the pargenes output for those families and it looked ok.

But focusing on one example, I noticed that pargenes had selected model LG+I, but the families file was listing the model as LG+IU.

Sure enough, every failed family was listed as a model with "+IU" in the families file.

Possibly just a bug in the script for preparing the families file in pargenes, but thought it might be useful for people to know.

Thanks,
Andrew

Benoit Morel

Feb 11, 2022, 3:03:29 AM2/11/22
to GeneRax
Dear Andrew,

Thanks for your message. Could you send me a subset of the alignments, such that I can reproduce and fix this?

Many thanks,
Benoit

Andrew

Feb 18, 2022, 11:17:34 AM2/18/22
to GeneRax
Dear Benoit,

So sorry I missed this response.

I will check through the files on Monday and pull out some of the alignments that had the issue.

I'd imagine it is just a problem with the families file python script supplied with pargenes/generax (I forgot which sorry!)

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew

Feb 18, 2022, 11:18:29 AM2/18/22
to GeneRax
I should say, changing everything from LG+IU to LG+I resolved the problem for me and the families were no longer seen as invalid.