Lucid dreaming - Chongtal Rinpoche

Rosemary Rock-Evans

Jan 18, 2024, 6:28:25 AMJan 18
to general...@googlegroups.com

Lucid dreaming has stirred up much interest in general recently. Christopher Nolan's film Inception, whose plot is based on lucid dreaming, James Cameron's interviews where he explains that the sequences in Avatar of flying and the beautiful scenery owe a lot to lucid dreaming.
The Dutch in particular have realised the potential of lucid dreaming in helping with improving sports performance. And at least three Dutch major universities are doing research on all the possible uses, healing PTSD for example - so in the Netherlands at least, it is a hot topic.
So these are exciting times for lucid dreamers.
But this video is about 'Dream yoga' - the grandfather of lucid dreaming, In fact the Bon tradition can lay claim to be the oldest users of the method and the uses are entirely spiritual, although they can do all the normal lucid dreaming things like fly and walk on water [in the lucid dream].
They tend to look on these sort of 'games' as fun, but a diversion from the spiritual heights one can achieve - and we will look into this when our next video from Robert Waggoner is released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ET2sW7rNCM