latest autobiogaphical video

Rosemary Rock-Evans

Mar 4, 2024, 4:15:22 PMMar 4
to general...@googlegroups.com

Our latest video in the autobiographical playlist.  I suspect many would class this as a 'deprived '
childhood.  But it didn't seem that way to me, because every normal [that is not well off ] person in the UK lived in much the same way.
Rationing and austerity in the UK continued in an even worse state for nearly a decade after the end of World War Two, not finishing completely until 1954.
We didn't get a black and white TV until I was 7 and my entire home life was spent without central heating.  In fact I am not sure when my parents did get central heating.
When I went to university I chose to stay in the halls of residence until I left because they were heated and seemed luxurious in comparison with my life to date
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-Ghym2CXk