Solving Problems at Google Using Computational Thinking [video]

Phil Wagner

Jun 22, 2012, 5:50:19 PM6/22/12
to general-...@googlegroups.com
We're excited to share this video of how Googlers use Computational Thinking. Please share it with your colleagues and students and we hope it inspires you to apply this way of thinking to your studies and interests.

Solving Problems at Google Using Computational Thinking

For curriculum aligned lessons, examples, and resources check out www.google.com/edu/ect

Kiki

Aug 26, 2012, 7:55:25 PM8/26/12
to general-...@googlegroups.com
That's a great example of why this stuff matters!! I had to pin that on my Thinkersmith board on Pinterest!    Thanks for Sharing :D

robe...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2012, 3:42:10 AM10/1/12
to general-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that's really attractive for pupils

cs4...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2014, 12:41:37 PM9/26/14
to general-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Phil,

I'm julian, CS teacher at School Of The Future in NYC. This video is great but it would also be even better if there will be a follow-up, for instance a face-to-face workshop about computational thinking.

There are so many workshops and Google Educator groups for stuff such as set up you blog using Blogger or use your Calendar in Gmail, which is good, but I'd love to attend a workshop on computational thinking or just one of the techniques.

Are there or will there be any Computer Science related workshops that you know about?
Thanks

Phil Wagner

Sep 26, 2014, 4:45:40 PM9/26/14
to general-...@googlegroups.com, cs4...@gmail.com
Hello Julian,
 Thanks for sharing your interest and for working with students each day. I enjoyed reading about the School of the Future and its philosophy.

Google offers programs to support CS educators and students (e.g. CS4HS), you can learn more about these programs at google.com/edu/programs/. You may want to look at some of the opportunities for professional development through the CSTA and Code.org. I'm sure others in this forum have some resources/programs they could recommend as well.