Teach For America Summit

Jennifer

Feb 11, 2011, 11:56:42 AM2/11/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com
Google is excited about our upcoming workshop on Computational Thinking this Sunday, 2/13, at Teach For America's 20th anniversary summit in Washington DC! Those who plan to attend the summit are invited to join us at the Cyber Lounge on Saturday, 2/12, to learn more about Google's work in K-12 education. Come exchange ideas and discuss successful innovations in education.

We look forward to seeing you there!

quar...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2011, 1:46:37 AM3/13/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com
I was signed up for this workshop, but had to miss it due to car trouble (was helping a friend out with a flat tire!).

Is there something similar happening in the Bay Area?

Thanks!

Jennifer Newell

Mar 22, 2011, 5:46:30 PM3/22/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com, quar...@gmail.com
Google will not be presenting computational thinking at any local (Bay Area) events in the near future. However we will be at the following two events in San Francisco, presenting other education-related Google tools:

1. ASCD (formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
  • Description: Google will be at booth #1223, demoing on a wide range of Google Apps for education; for specific topics and times see the Google Apps for Education schedule.
  • Target Audience: Educators of all levels
  • Location: San Francisco, CA (Moscone Center)
  • Dates: March 26-28, 2011
  • More Info: ASCD

2. Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing
Description: The Richard Tapia Conference is one of the biggest conferences celebrating diversity in computer science. The event consists of talks from both industry and academic leaders in computer science, as well as a wide array of events and activities. Google is organizing or attending eleven events at the conference and Alan Eustace, Senior Vice President of Engineering at Google, will deliver a banquet talk on April 5th.
  • Target Audience: Students
  • Location: San Francisco, CA (Fairmont Hotel)
  • Dates: April 3-5, 2011
  • More Info: Richard Tapia
Registration is still open for both events via the links provided above. We welcome all to join us and fellow educators with an interest in technology and computer science!

lgk...@fhda.edu

Mar 23, 2011, 12:09:24 AM3/23/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com
>HI Jennifer,

Thanks for the update,

gay krause

Google will not be presenting computational thinking at any local (Bay
> Area)
> events in the near future. However we will be at the following two events
> in
> San Francisco, presenting other education-related Google tools:
>
> 1. ASCD (formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum
> Development)

> of
> Google Apps for education; for specific topics and times see the Google

> Apps for Education <http://ascd2011.googleapps.com/> schedule.
> - *Target Audience:* Educators of all levels
> - Location: San Francisco, CA (Moscone Center)
> - Dates: March 26-28, 2011
> - More Info:
> ASCD<http://www.ascd.org/conferences/annual-conference/2011.aspx>

> 2. Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing
> conferences
> celebrating diversity in computer science. The event consists of talks
> from
> both industry and academic leaders in computer science, as well as a wide
> array of events and activities. Google is organizing or attending eleven
> events at the conference and Alan Eustace, Senior Vice President of
> Engineering at Google, will deliver a banquet talk on April 5th.
>

> - Target Audience: Students
> - Location: San Francisco, CA (Fairmont Hotel)
> - Dates: April 3-5, 2011
> - More Info: Richard Tapia <http://tapiaconference.org/2011/>

davi...@googlemail.com

Sep 25, 2011, 11:55:03 AM9/25/11