computing in C/C++

one20...@yahoo.com

Feb 11, 2011, 11:38:32 PM2/11/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If you can do interactive, interpretive computing and programming in C/C++ for teaching,
do you think it is helpful?

There is a C/C++ interpreter Ch from Softintegration.
Its standard edition is free for commercial use.

All python examples in google's site for teaching can be converted in a second using C/C++ and run interactively in Ch across platform.

Peter

davi...@googlemail.com

Sep 25, 2011, 11:56:31 AM9/25/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com
I was also thinking that JavaScript might be a good language for students to use as well. No separate compiler install necessary because everything gets compiled by the browser at run-time.

Jean Griffin

Oct 4, 2011, 12:08:59 PM10/4/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com, davi...@googlemail.com
David,

In case you're not aware of it already, you may want to check out Larry Snyder's
Fluency book. I believe he used it for a pilot CS Principles course and that it
delves in to javascript.

- Jean Griffin

Phil Wagner

Oct 4, 2011, 8:25:16 PM10/4/11
to general-...@googlegroups.com, davi...@googlemail.com
There is also Google Code University which has tutorials on Javascript, C/C++, as well as APIs and algorithms.