Elementary Computational Thinking Exercises (with Crafts)

Kiki

Aug 26, 2012, 8:05:27 PM8/26/12
to general-...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed that many CT lessons focus on Middle and High School.  Thinkersmith tries to reach out to Kindergarten and above, so we've had to create many of our own concepts. We do most of this in live action (rather than using computers) to combat frustration and boredom in the young-uns.  Is there anyone else out there who uses these methods, and are you willing to share lessons?

Here is our lesson on Functions/Algorithms and a link to an exploration of Patterns (as Binary ASCII).

Also, another link to the Computational Thinking game that we play.

~Kiki