File transfer error

Abby X

Jul 26, 2021, 5:37:52 PM7/26/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hello,

I have encountered the same error message when attempting to run GSEA Preranked on my personal computer, when using "upload files." Here is the error message: "There was an unexpected file transfer error while submitting your job. Please check your network connection and try to submit again or use the Uploader in the Files tab."

I also get the error message when I uploaded to the Files tab first. "Error updating upload file record for file 'tmp': null."

I believe I have formatted my rnk and gmx files correctly. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Username: abx4001
(have also tried w/ username axie2609)

Thank you.

Ted Liefeld

Jul 27, 2021, 11:20:27 AM7/27/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi,

sorry about the problems with the upload.  Can you tell me
1. When did this happen (the more accurate the time the easier to find it in log files)
2. What operating system were you uploading from
3. What browser were you using.
4. Where (approximately) are you geographically (to look into network problems.  Nation or state is accurate enough)

Ted

qingy...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 10:29:09 AM8/1/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
I get the same error trying to upload a batch of files to run GISTIC_2.0.
3 files were successfully uploaded. And the rest are not uploaded. Then I tried to upload individual files with the "Upload File" button, but then even single file fails.

"There was an unexpected file transfer error while submitting your job. Please check your network connection and try to submit again or use the Uploader in the Files tab."

qingy...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 10:31:30 AM8/1/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
Sorry I forgot to write the specs. It's exactly now, with macOS 11.5.1, safari browser, Switzerland.

qingy...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 10:56:19 AM8/1/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
I have tried again with Google Chrome. Same error. What is strange is that some files went to the end of the process bar 100% uploaded, but after the error occurred, none of them were successfully uploaded.

qingy...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2021, 11:07:57 AM8/1/21
to GenePattern Help Forum

Hi,
I tried to upload the files to "Files" and drag from there. And it worked. I wonder if there's an easier way to drag multiple files from the uploaded files?

Thank you.
Qingyao