ssGSEA signature using combine mode

Johanna Szychter

Jul 13, 2021, 3:41:25 AM7/13/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hello,

I ran a ssGSEA analysis using both Combine.add and Combine.replace modes, and I got a good result for one of the combined signatures.

I usually go on the MSigDB website to download the associated gmx file to then run only the specific signature in the standard GSEA software and got the enrichment curve. However, I can't find a signature associated with the combined mode.

Would you have an idea of how or where I can find the associated signatures? If not,m how to recreate it?

Thanks for your answer,
Best regards
Johanna

Anthony Castanza

Jul 14, 2021, 2:08:09 AM7/14/21
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Johanna,

The combined signatures are created from a union of two signatures with the same base name (e.g. RESPONSE_TO_XYZ_INHIBITION) and the suffixes _UP and _DN, so if you wanted to find the original signatures that made up the combined signature, you'd need to recreate the names (RESPONSE_TO_XYZ_INHIBITION_UP and RESPONSE_TO_XYZ_INHIBITION_DN) then download those signatures from the website and combine them manually.

Let me know if that answer is unclear, or you're still unable to find the original signatures.

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD

Curator, Molecular Signatures Database

Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine

University of California, San Diego

Johanna Szychter

Jul 14, 2021, 9:40:06 AM7/14/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi Anthony,

Thanks a lot for your answer! I will combine them manually so.

Have a great day!
Johanna