Error in rep("null", max.Ng * max.size.G) : invalid 'times' argument

Catarina Marques

Mar 5, 2024, 2:17:04 PMMar 5
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi,

I'm trying to perform ssGSEA imputing my own gene set as a gmt file, but I keep getting the same error message:

Error in rep("null", max.Ng * max.size.G) : invalid 'times' argument
Calls: ssGSEA.cmdline Execution halted

Could someone help me out? the job nº is 567428. ssGSEA

Thanks a lot!

Catarina

Anthony Castanza

Mar 5, 2024, 3:05:22 PMMar 5
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Catarina,

It looks like the gene set file you provided was an excel file that was simply renamed to .gmt. In order for ssGSEA to be able to parse the file it needs to be saved out of excel as tab delimited text (.txt), and only then renamed to the .gmt file extension. Once you've corrected the file format your job should run successfully, but let us know if you still encounter errors

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD
Curator, Molecular Signatures Database
Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine
University of California, San Diego

Catarina Marques

Mar 6, 2024, 2:42:05 AMMar 6
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anthony,

It worked!

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Catarina

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GenePattern Help Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/genepattern-help/CAGCeyZwxpqKtLZ44DcnhywdzJJ%2B-psn_YittXmkHa3XzdYbtCw%40mail.gmail.com.