VisualizerLauncher

Hossein Valipour Kahrood

Jun 6, 2024, 8:41:40 PMJun 6
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hello team,

I was trying to visualise the leading edge genes using the VisualizerLauncher in Mac terminal. I hit this message:
WARNING: sun.reflect.Reflection.getCallerClass is not supported. This will impact performance.
I was wondering if this is something to deal with my IT or can be related to the app itself? Thanks

tmt...@cloud.ucsd.edu

Jun 7, 2024, 1:47:30 PMJun 7
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hello Hossein,

This message is likely indicative of your system using a non-compatible version of Java to launch the app. The VisualizerLauncher requires Java 8 to run successfully.

Thorin Tabor
GenePattern Team

Hossein Valipour Kahrood

Jun 8, 2024, 11:01:43 PMJun 8
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thorin,

Thanks for your message.

Here is my java version:

java --version

java 18.0.2.1 2022-08-18

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 18.0.2.1+1-1)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 18.0.2.1+1-1, mixed mode, sharing)

I believe the version should not be the issue.

Regards,
Hossein

Thorin Tabor

Jun 10, 2024, 12:30:02 PMJun 10
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com

Hello Hossein,

This output confirms that your system is running an incompatible version of Java. The VisualizerLauncher requires Java 8, whereas your system is running Java 18.

Unfortunately Java 11 introduced many breaking changes to the Java bytecode, causing many older Java programs to no longer function with the newer runtime environments. Java 18 inherits those breaking changes from Java 11.

Thorin Tabor
GenePattern Team

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GenePattern Help Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/genepattern-help/CAC6n7O5vkv5224_D%3D3URp61%2BbsWq6U3aZLpQjOGDvwDgG2%2BeYA%40mail.gmail.com.

Hossein Valipour Kahrood

Jun 10, 2024, 7:47:20 PMJun 10
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com