Job Number: 385797

Daryl Griffin

Oct 18, 2021, 8:25:48 AM10/18/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi,

Im receiving the following error when trying to VoomNormalise my data (Job Number: 385797):

Error in if (fit$rank < ncol(design)) { : argument is of length zero Calls: GP.preprocess.read.counts -> voom Execution halted

Can you assist please. Im doing this so i can use the DESeq2 module but the data used was brought in using GEOIMporter:Job Number 385323.  Is there another way to import it so its in a ready format for DESeq2 analysis?

Best,
Daryl

Anthony Castanza

Oct 18, 2021, 12:59:27 PM10/18/21
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daryl,

This dataset is from a microarray platform (GSE72865 is tagged as Platform: GPL10558 Illumina HumanHT-12 V4.0 expression beadchip) and not a sequencing based one. The both Voom and DESeq2 expect counts from RNA-seq so Voom failing is expected, and DESeq2 should as well (or would return a non-statistically valid result). I believe that the correct module to analyze this data would be the ComparativeMarkerSelection tool, but any of my colleagues here can feel free to chime in and correct me.

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD

Curator, Molecular Signatures Database

Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine