ssGSEA error

vineelaga...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2022, 11:27:03 AM7/20/22
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi ,

I am getting the following error. Jobid  451521
Error in `[<-`(`*tmp*`, start:(start + N.gs - 1), 1:max(GSDB$size.G), : subscript out of bounds Calls: ssGSEA.cmdline Execution halted

Is this a memory issue. Could you please help me debug this.

Thanks!

Anthony Castanza

Jul 21, 2022, 6:07:27 PM7/21/22
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

So at least part of the issue here is that ssGSEA has an internally hard-coded maximum gene set size. Gene Sets over 2000 members are automatically rejected. This is causing the ACHILLES_COMMON_ESSENTIALS set to be thrown away by the parser. However, I am not entirely sure why it isn't continuing on to quantify the second set which appears to be within expected limits, it is possible our parser has a small glitch if the first set is thrown away leaving only one set in the data (this is an edge case that may have escaped our testing). You might try submitting this second set individually, but to get the first set to work you'll need to find some way to refine it to be a more specific marker of the desired process.

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD
Curator, Molecular Signatures Database
Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine