GSEAPreranked error message

eleni

Sep 26, 2022, 5:49:39 AM9/26/22
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi, I am trying to run a few GSEAPreranked jobs and keep getting the following error:

"Essential container in task exited"

Job ids:
464096. GSEAPreranked
464094. GSEAPreranked

Thank you,
Eleni

Anthony Castanza

Sep 26, 2022, 1:20:39 PM9/26/22
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eleni,

"Essential container in task exited" is usually a result of the virtual machine GenePattern is using to run the job running out of memory. I'd suggest going down to the "Job Options" parameters and changing the default job memory from 2Gb to something more like 8Gb.

If you're still having issues after increasing the job memory please let us know

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD
Curator, Molecular Signatures Database
Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine
University of California, San Diego

eleni

Sep 26, 2022, 3:56:40 PM9/26/22
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi Anthony, thank you for your response, I have now tried increasing job memory to 8Gb and to more and also tried increasing the jobcpuCount but keep getting the same error.

eg jobIDs
464165. GSEAPreranked
464168. GSEAPreranked.

Many thanks for your help on this,

Eleni

Ted Liefeld

Sep 26, 2022, 5:10:53 PM9/26/22
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Eleni,

Sorry for the confusion. There was a bad version of the GSEAPreranked module installed just before the weekend.  The GSEA team is working to create a fix.  In the meantime I removed the latest version and you can try again using the older version 7.3.5.

Thanks for your patience,

Ted

--
Ted Liefeld                                      UC San Diego
Mesirov Lab                                    lie...@ucsd.edu

Ted Liefeld

Sep 26, 2022, 6:14:07 PM9/26/22
to GenePattern Help Forum
Eleni,

A new version (7.3.7) of GSEAPreranked is now available.  This should correct the errors you were seeing earlier.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Thanks,

Ted

myxu.china

Sep 27, 2022, 3:10:32 AM9/27/22
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Dear GengPattern team
 Thanks for your information my errors have been solved

---- Replied Message ----
FromTed Liefeld<lie...@broadinstitute.org>
Date09/27/2022 06:14
ToGenePattern Help Forum<genepatt...@googlegroups.com>
SubjectRe: [genepattern-help:2471] GSEAPreranked error message

Eleni Maniati

Sep 27, 2022, 6:22:18 AM9/27/22
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks, yes it works now both with v7.3.5 and 7.3.7.
Thanks again for looking into it,
Eleni