GISTIC Refgene files

Andrew Cherniack

Feb 15, 2023, 2:55:31 PM2/15/23
to GenePattern Help Forum
Is there a way to import your own Reference Genome matlab file into Gene Pattern GISTIC?
We are finding that the HG19 refgene file seems to missing some genes that we are interested in.

tmt...@cloud.ucsd.edu

Feb 17, 2023, 1:57:43 PM2/17/23
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hello,

At the moment we don't have an easy way to use your own refgene file with the GISTIC module. However, that looks like an easy change for us to make. We will aim to release a new version of the module next week that can accept a custom refgene.

Thorin Tabor
GenePattern Team

Andrew Cherniack

Feb 17, 2023, 2:35:18 PM2/17/23
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Best,
Andy
___________________________
Andrew Cherniack, PhD
Senior Group Leader
Cancer Program
Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT
415 Main Street

Cambridge, Mass 02142

email: ache...@broadinstitute.org

tmt...@cloud.ucsd.edu

Feb 21, 2023, 2:05:04 PM2/21/23
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hello,

A new version of the GISTIC_2.0 module has been released that supports custom refgene files.

Thorin Tabor
GenePattern Team

Andrew Cherniack

Feb 21, 2023, 3:37:55 PM2/21/23
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thorin,

Thanks for doing this.  I was able to run GISTIC with my own reference gene file.

However, I just found a bug while trying it out for GISTIC 6.15.28.
Remove X in the advanced parameters does not work correctly.  I set the flag to not remove X.
In Matlab remove X should be set to 0 in this case.
But when I ran GISTIC the X was removed.
In the Matlab output  remove X was set to 1
I am going to trying it out on the previous version of GISTIC
Regards,
Andy
___________________________
Andrew Cherniack, PhD
Senior Group Leader
Cancer Program
Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT
415 Main Street

Cambridge, Mass 02142

email: ache...@broadinstitute.org

Andrew Cherniack

Feb 21, 2023, 4:26:14 PM2/21/23
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com

For version 6.15.21.
The remove X parameter works correctly.
Both GenePattern versions use GISTIC  2.0.23. and so GISTIC itself is unlikely to be the issue.

Andy

tmt...@cloud.ucsd.edu

Feb 21, 2023, 4:28:44 PM2/21/23
to GenePattern Help Forum
Thank you for pointing this out. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue and create a fix.

Thorin Tabor
GenePattern Team

tmt...@cloud.ucsd.edu

Feb 22, 2023, 3:47:15 PM2/22/23
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hello Andy,

I was able to reproduce your issue and a new version of the GISTIC_2.0 module has been released that fixes the remove.X bug.

Thorin Tabor
GenePattern Team

Andrew Cherniack

Feb 22, 2023, 4:11:02 PM2/22/23