Try out the new beta of GeneMANIA!

Gary Bader

Sep 21, 2012, 12:08:18 PM9/21/12
to genemania...@googlegroups.com
http://beta.genemania.org/

The GeneMANIA website has undergone a major user interface re-design and has new search features. We hope these changes will enhance your GeneMANIA experience and we are now in beta testing so you can try them out and provide feedback to us.

Website design improvements:
-The network view has been updated and new colours are used to improve contrast.
-Hovering over items in the Networks, Genes, and Functions tabs will now highlight neighbouring genes for easier visualization.
-Gene function is displayed using a new grid system which is condensed for quicker scanning and comparing of functions. You can access this when you click on a gene.
-The number of genes and interactions are now displayed with each result.
-The advanced options panel is faster.
-Performing a re-query will now use your changed query parameters rather than the parameters of the last query, and resetting the layout will set the nodes to their original positions.

Major new query feature: GENE ATTRIBUTES
We have added a new category of data that GeneMANIA can search, called attributes. Attributes are lists of genes with a common feature. GeneMANIA uses these to help predict related genes and are weighted in a similar manner with other networks. Attribute weights have the same meaning as network weights -- if you use the default weighting scheme, attributes will receive high weight if there are enriched in your gene list (if you input a long gene list) or if they are predictive of Gene Ontology biological process (if you input a short gene list). Attributes with non-zero weights will appear as a new attribute node (diamond) that will be linked to the genes that have that attribute. To access attributes, you must select them in the advanced options because they are not added by default. The attribute we’ve included in this version is protein domains, but will include others in the future, like deletion phenotypes, disease associations, as well as transcription factor and drug targets.

Thanks and please send us feedback about the new version.
The GeneMANIA Team