Major new GeneMANIA version is now out!

Quaid

Aug 26, 2010, 12:58:37 PM8/26/10
to genemania-announce
We are pleased to announce a major new release of the GeneMANIA web
interface.

Major changes:

1) Support for Gene Ontology function enrichment analysis
The functions tab lists the Gene Ontology terms enriched in the
network. You can also use this tab to colour nodes in the network
according to these categories. Gene information boxes (and the tab)
also now list the annotations of the gene to the enriched Gene
Ontology terms.

2) New default networks
Almost all of the networks for an organisms are now selected by
default. The only exceptions are co-expression networks (we only use
the top 20 most informative), networks of shared domains, and networks
of predicted interactions that were generated by combining multiple
data sources.

3) Update of our network database
We’ve added more than 50 new networks. GeneMANIA now includes over 800
networks totalling over 181 million interactions.

4) Full video tutorial now available, by OpenHelix at http://www.openhelix.com/genemania
is freely available for a limited time.

We have also made the site significantly more user friendly and fixed
a large number of bugs. For instance, gene names and identifiers are
now validated as you type them and the system will immediately let you
know which genes are not recognized. Also, tooltips show more
information when you click on a gene or link. These tooltips can be
moved by dragging.

Because of the large number of changes we have made, there may still
be bugs in our system. If you find one, please let us know.

Please note that you may need to reload the site a couple of times to
clear your browser’s cache.

If you require access to the previous version of GeneMANIA, please let
us know, as we have developed an archived copy.