New GeneMANIA data release

Quaid Morris

Aug 12, 2011, 3:26:34 PM8/12/11
to genemania-announce
We are pleased to announce a new GeneMANIA data release and some minor changes to the website.

The major changes are:

1) We have added Rat to the list of organisms we support.  We have 140 networks for rat, including 80 non-co-expression networks.  We will be continuing to add new organisms over time.

2) We have made the GeneMANIA database available for download.  Our download site includes all networks, their metadata and gene and protein ID mappings we use internally. For more details please see our most recent blog post (http://blog.genemania.org/).

3) We have added the new Arabidopsis Thaliana yeast-2-hybrid physical interaction network recently published in Science.

4) We’ve updated our databases to the following versions:  Biogrid: 3.1.75; GEO: july 16, 2011; i2d: 1.9; Pathwaycommons: june 23, 2011; Ensembl 60; Ensembl plants release 7

We would like to hear your feedback.  Please send comments here: http://pages.genemania.org/contact/

--
Quaid Morris, PhD
Associate Professor, Banting and Best Department of Medical Research