New GeneMANIA plugin data set (version 2012-05-25)

Jason Montojo

Jun 1, 2012, 3:36:15 PM6/1/12
to genemania...@googlegroups.com, genemania-cytosca...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Some GeneMANIA users reported differences in prediction results between the web site, and the Cytoscape plugin and command line tools.  We traced the cause of these differences to the plugin data’s co-expression networks having more interactions than the web site’s.  The website optimizes the co-expression networks by filtering out interactions lacking support in at least one other network and we hadn’t implemented this change in the plugin data.

We’re releasing a new plugin data set to address this issue.  Version “2012-05-25” is intended as a replacement for “2012-01-06” and should match the predictions given by the web site (database version “21 December 2011”).  We will also continue to keep version “2012-01-06” available.

Thanks,
Jason Montojo
on behalf of the GeneMANIA team