GeneMANIA releases new data

Quaid Morris

Mar 16, 2011, 7:12:15 PM3/16/11
to genemania-announce
We have released a new GeneMANIA dataset at http://www.genemania.org
Highlights of the new data include:
a) Almost 400 new networks
b) Updated gene identifier mappings and protein domain assignments from Ensembl (based on Ensembl release 60)
c) Updated BioGRID and Pathway Commons data
d) Hundreds of new co-expression networks derived from Gene Expression Omnibus
e) We have switched from TAIR to Ensembl Plants release 7 for our A. Thaliana Gene identifier mappings

Earlier versions of this dataset have been available on our Beta server (http://beta.genemania.org) for the last two months.  Thanks to all those who sent us feedback about this site.  We have moved a new version of the GeneMANIA web interface onto this server for external testing -- more on this in about a week.

The old version of the GeneMANIA dataset can be still be accessed using the GeneMANIA-Cytoscape plugin, for more information on this plugin please see: http://www.genemania.org/plugin/

--
Quaid Morris, PhD
Assistant Professor, Banting and Best Department of Medical Research